Great first ideas from St Ambrose High pupils. The story goes that some scientist is making a mad machine to produce lots of food. It goes wrong and spurts out magical food which hits different people and gives them the power of that food!!
Crazy spaghetti limbs......sprouty fart powers.....power to grow plants from seeds! Cant wait to see it develop, well done group .
They now have taped up limbs.....skulls and eyeballs. Ooh, not to mention feet. They've also multiplied, we have 4 on the go now! All has to wait until after the summer holidays sadly.
I've started working with a small group of pupils at Coltness High School in North Lanarkshire. They're going to make a model stop motion film about the dangers of setting fires, to be shown to primary school children.
So far we have an outline of a great story and some models started. Last session before summer soon and then continue after summer. Cant wait!
Well, I've made a quick wire skeleton for the King in this film. Based on a pupils amazing sketch. He now has to just clothe and put a proper face and hair on!
Helping out this group of talented cartoonists as they try to put their ideas into an animated film. Ideas so far are great. Lots of funny jokes around the Ninja rabbit characters and a Star Wars pun in there too. Cant wait to see it develop!
We've had one session with the P5,6,7 class at Auchtertool and an amazing story has already developed. It's all about a bunch of children who find part of the lost treasure from King Charles' sunken ship the 'Blessing of Burntisland'.
Of course, its going to be a pirate story and with amazing characters like Captain Cakebeard and Victoria Sponge, it's going to be funny too! Next week we get the story finished and get some 2D and 3D puppets made. Can't wait!
It looks like these models are done.....maybe a few final touches next week. Hmm....must be a few I missed photographing....will get good snaps next session.
So what's been done this week?
- Lots of real wool hair glued on with our trusty hot glue gun ( I still have the scars!)
- A paper tattoo added to Abe
- The red headed lady now has great clothes complete
- The gold mechanical dragon has metal details and a face (done with black and red permanent pen)
- An amazing kilt is fixed onto our jolly scotsman
- The dwarf looks brilliant with his fabric belt and buckles.
I'm really pleased how the group are getting on with the trickiest stage of making their animation models. The armatures (wire skeletons) are really handy for being able to bend characters into positions easier when animating. You can see the process in the photos. Aluminium wire is twisted together, padding is added (foam tape), a polystyrene skull is shaped and glued on.
Next week......adding some flesh! Usually plasticine and fabric. maybe sculpt heads a bit. Cant wait....well done class!